Build & Design
Talking about the design, nothing has changed from the previous variant. Have same non-backlight back, home and recent apps buttons at the bottom in the front panel, 5.5” HD display above capacitive buttons, golden colored rim around the sides, speaker is at the bottom in the rear panel, volume buttons and power button is located on the right side. Charging port is to be inserted from the down side. 13MP Camera with Dual-LED flash and Laser Auto-Focus is located at top in the rear panel. ASUS logo is located at the rear panel little below from the camera.
Glad that Asus provided Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow in this variant out of the box. I’ve installed many applications. Providing the 6.0.1, it’ll able to take advantage of Doze mode, App permissions, etc. In my opinion, it’s really a good decision to ship the device with latest version although the 6.0 update has not been arrived for Zenfone Zoom yet.
Sample Shots (Click to Enlarge)
|With HDR Mode enabled|
Performance, Battery Life
- The 2GB Ram variant with Octa-Core Processor, 32GB Internal Storage is sold in India at Rs. 9999 which can be purchased via Flipkart.
- The 3GB Ram variant with Octa-Core Processor, 32GB Internal Storage is sold in India at Rs. 12999 which can be purchased via Amazon, Snapdeal, Flipkart and from Asus Exclusive Stores.
- Super battery backup.
- Performs well, 3GB variant recommended for Heavy user.
- OTG cable included in the box, works as a Power Bank too.
- Buttons aren’t backlight.
- With supplied charger, it takes near about 5 hours to fully charge. (Although with 2A charger, it takes near about 4 hours 10 minutes.)