First of all, I was invited to attend the Zenfone Zoom Launch Event in Agra by Asus India. Thank you so much Asus India for the invitation and sponsoring the travel and hotel expenses. The Event was really well-organized by the Asus India Team. I really learnt so many things from this tour which will be really helpful for my carrier ahead. बहोत बहोत धन्यवाद असुस इन्डिया.
Let’s come to the topic “Asus Zenfone Zoom”, the device launched in India by ASUS CEO “Jerry Shen” in Agra (India) on 22nd January 2016. Because I was present in the Event, I’ve got some time to get my hands-on Zenfone Zoom. Although I’ve also got a unit of Asus Zenfone Zoom from the Asus. I am writing this article after using it for almost 7 days. First take a look at what comes inside the Zenfone Zoom Box.
The things that are included in my unit are:
- Asus Zenfone Zoom Smartphone
- A Leather Strap
- Adapter (Supports fast charging)
- MicroUSB – USB Cable
- Headset (Zenear) (with extra ear-buds)
- Zencredible Cards
- Warranty Card
- User Guide
Build and Design
Sample Photos (Click to Enlarge)
Performance, Battery life
The things that may not have been covered in above topics:
Pricing & Availibility:
Improvements I appreciate:
- Power Button, Volume buttons are on the right side. (Thanks Asus)
- Used HOYA Lens instead of any Toshiba lens.
- Made thinnest 3x Optical Zoom device.
- The device charged from 4% - 100% in 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Supports OTG.
- Double tap to wake, Double tap to sleep, ZenMotion – Draw C on screen to launch Camera (while in sleep), etc.
- Multi-Touch supports up to 10 fingers.
- Provides 4 battery saving modes which really helps to save the battery. Super saving mode really does the job greatly. In my testing, I’ve turned on Super saving at near 1 am and at 3 pm it only drained 2% battery. (9% to 7% to be precise) (14 Hours on Standby)
- Call quality is great. Provides Auto-Call recording functionality in-built.
- No fingerprint scanner, No wireless charging, No 4k Recording, No Dual-Sim
- Capacitive buttons aren’t backlight. Asus, please make it backlight. Or either switch to on-screen buttons. I really love on-screen navigation buttons.